Hey guys, look who’s back – after an amazing holiday with my boyfriend (In Angel’s Headphones) ! I know, I know I haven’t done any English ‘ten albums of 2011’ or my ‘five songs / gigs of the year’, but I had a couple of the Italian ones to write and I really did not have enough strength to produce an English one. So, first of all, I’d like to say Happy New Year to all of you, and I’d like to let you know about a resolution I had so far. WtMiO is still going to be a one-woman blog, at least for now, I decided to keep it an ‘Electra thing’, I may change my mind, not sure yet anyway.
Spoilers about this new year coming, I have a couple of new interviews, gigs to go to, reports to write, new people to show to you and introduce you to. So for now, here there is my own version of Pennac’s 10 Inalienable Rights of the Reader you can find in the preface of the book ‘Comme un roman’ (Paris: Editions Gallimard/Folio, 1992).
- The right to not to listen to an artist (no matter if everybody makes a fuss about it),
- The right to skip one album of one of your favourite artists (if it’s not a good one),
- The right not to finish to listen to an album you do not like,
- The right to relisten to a song all over again,
- The right to listen to any type of music,
- The right to sing along (especially in your car),
- The right to listen to your music anywhere,
- The right to steal lyrics – to quote them whenever,
- The right to dance to the music you listen to (in front of the mirror),
- The right to share the music you love.